Subject: Kernel git tree problem? gitk problem?

From: Frank Sorenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:12:44 -0600

With the new crop of post-2.6.12 updates, my kernel trees (tested on
several computers, and even with brand-new tree) now give the following
error messages when I run gitk:
ERROR: none of the pending commits can be done yet:
  bd6ae2f6d61da0f90c6b66e9a4ab6c53ef8c159a
  2512809255d018744fe6c2f5e996c83769846c07
  88d7bd8cb9eb8d64bf7997600b0d64f7834047c5
  b3214970abbe983cd89842ae24ea00e21bba79f6

git-fsck-cache doesn't appear to know about any problems.

Is this a gitk problem, or is there something wrong with the tree?

What is a "pending commit?"  Is that a commit that hasn't been
committed, or something? :)

Thanks,

Frank
- --
Frank Sorenson - KD7TZK
Systems Manager, Computer Science Department
Brigham Young University
[email-masked]