Subject: cg-clone http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git fails

From: Dirk Behme <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:06:10 +0200

Hello,

with

cogito-0.13.tar.bz2
git-2005-08-09.tar.gz

clone of cogito over http

 > cg-clone http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/cogito/cogito.git

works fine. But clone of git itself fails:

> cg-clone http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git 
defaulting to local storage area
warning: templates not found /home/user/share/git-core/templates/
16:29:03 URL:http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git/refs/heads/master
[41/41] -> "refs/heads/origin" [1]
progress: 3 objects, 5158 bytes
Getting pack list
error: Unable to get pack index
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git//objects/info/packs
error: Tried
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git/objects/6f/f87c4664981e4397625791c8ea3bbb5f2279a3
Cannot obtain needed blob 6ff87c4664981e4397625791c8ea3bbb5f2279a3
while processing commit adee7bdf504120055b0f36b4918bdd3e6156912b.
cg-pull: objects pull failed
cg-clone: pull failed

Is this a tool or repository issue?

Many thanks

Dirk