Subject: Re: kernel.org git web interface

From: Jeff Carr <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:08:32 -0700

> On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 03:59:02PM +0000, Hubert Tonneau wrote:
> 
>>The 'V' column on http://www.kernel.org/ is very convienient to review what
>>has changed in a new kernel (files list, then simple clic diff access to the
>>selected file).
>>
>>Now, the git changelog is also interesting (provides overall explaination),
>>but it's harder to use because the changes stream is so dense.
>>
>>So, what would be helpfull for reviewers is the ability to view the git
>>changelog of only the changes that touch a given file.
>>I mean when we select the 'V' column, have two links per modified file,
>>one displaying the diff has it currently does, and the other displaying
>>the git changes as 'C' column does, but filtered with only changes that
>>touch the selected file.

That would be useful. Maybe someone really ambitious would figure out a
way to use imagemagick to generate visual tiles that could be feed into
the google maps API. Then we could "fly" around the sources too.

Jeff
http://mapki.com/index.php?title=Add_Your_Own_Custom_Map