Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-cvsimport-script: handling of tags

From: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 19:48:50 -0700

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On 9/7/05, H. Peter Anvin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>>This patch changes git-cvsimport-script so that it creates tag objects
>>instead of refs to commits, and adds an option, -u, to convert
>>underscores in branch and tag names to dots (since CVS doesn't allow
>>dots in branches and tags.)
> 
> 
> looks good. Will it add proper tag objects for tags already imported
> and for tags added to the project post-initial-git-import?
> 

No and yes, respectively.

I incorrectly stated it renamed both branches and tags.  It currently 
only renames tags.  I'm trying to get branch renaming to work, but it 
seems to be a lot more work to get right.

	-hpa