Subject: Re: First cut at git port to Cygwin

From: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:25:14 -0700

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> 
>>Another funny which I haven't been able to figure out yet is that 'gitk'
>>scrunches all its output up into a few pixels at the top of the window.
> 
> See my mail about rootless X11. I went about working around that 
> particular Tk bug by specifying the dimensions of the panes explicitely. 
> However, I was not especially happy with my workaround, since it did not 
> reproduce the layout exactly after a restart. Maybe you can figure it out 
> how to do that.
> 

It looks like this isn't a rootless *X* thing; it looks like the wish 
that is included with Cygwin actually opens native Win32 windows; even 
when run from inside a rooted X session it still opens an external 
window.  I also tried using the wish from the latest ActiveState 
distribution; it exhibits the same problem although with slightly 
different geometries.

	-hpa