Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitk: Add "Refs" menu

From: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:47:44 -0700

Marco Costalba wrote:
>  
> 
>>And making gitk cooperate with stgit would be a killer application not
>>just for gitk and stgit, but for git itself (i.e. it could be the reason
>>why git is chosen for development over e.g. Mercurial for new projects).
>>
> 
> 
> Not to advertise, but qgit (http://digilander.libero.it/mcostalba/) already offers 
> stgit integration, among other things.
> 
> I plan to release a new version implementing various suggestion from the list this week, there are
> also important stgit fixes and upgrades. 
> 
> To have a look at new features check the git arcihve: cg-clone
> http://digilander.libero.it/mcostalba/qgit.git
> 

I looked at qgit at one time, and I find its UI to be much less pleasant 
to look at that gitk, which is unfortunate, because it's much faster. 
Both the graph and the color scheme are much less pleasant, which 
distracts from the information conveyed.

	-hpa