Subject: LCA2006 Git/Cogito tutorial

From: "Martin Langhoff (CatalystIT)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:48:09 +1300

Good news! Sounds like I will be hosting a Git/Cogito tutorial in the
upcoming LCA2006 (Dunedin, NZ, Jan 25~28). Given that I do have some
significant holes in my git knowledge (no, really!?) I'll be happy if
other git hackers/users are present at LCA and willing to take part in
the tutorial.

Petr Baudis hinted earlier that he might be coming, as did Linus (but
he was hoping for a sponsor, I'm not sure whether he'll be there or
not). Speak up if you'll be there!

I'll post my slides and presentation plan beforehand to the list, to
avoid spreading misinfirmation/bad practices. They will probably be
based on a recent talk I gave @ Wellington Perl Mongers about
swtiching to Git/Cogito:

    http://wellington.pm.org/archive/200510/git/

The feedback (from both non-cogito-users and actual cogito-users) was
that I made it sound too complicated, so the current plan is to focus
on the tutorial part, and leave "under the hood" parts for a rainy day
or for an after tutorial in-the-corridor chat.

cheers,

martin
ps: lately, about 30% of my emails to git@vger from gmail have been 
dropped on the floor. This is starting to get annoying, is anyone seeing 
similar issues?
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/           PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
OFFICE: +64(4)916-7224                              MOB: +64(21)364-017
       Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler - Einstein
-----------------------------------------------------------------------