Subject: Re: LCA2006 Git/Cogito tutorial

From: "Martin Langhoff (CatalystIT)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:02:28 +1300

Petr Baudis wrote:

> Dear diary, on Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 02:48:09AM CEST, I got a letter
> where "Martin Langhoff (CatalystIT)" <[email-masked]> told me that...
> 
>>Petr Baudis hinted earlier that he might be coming, as did Linus (but
>>he was hoping for a sponsor, I'm not sure whether he'll be there or
>>not). Speak up if you'll be there!
> 
> 
> I'm sorry but I will not be there - it is too far away from my little
> country. :-(

Sad to hear that. I'll be soon in Europe, though, but not in CZ, 
unfortunately!

> (i) You might want to say "cg-export" instead of "git-tar-tree" (*shrug*)

You're right! I hadn't seen that.

> (ii) You say:
> 
> 	- Very fast stupid merge
> 	    ... and very smart, slow merges when stupid won't do
> 
>   What are you explicitly referring to? I don't think any kind of merge
> in GIT (unless something totally missed me) can be called "very smart".
> If it's a three-way merge, it's never "very smart".

See latest developments on git-merge.sh -- we should really revamp 
cg-merge ;)

> 	vim .gitignore

Then it'd be a bug, not a feature ;)

>>ps: lately, about 30% of my emails to git@vger from gmail have been 
>>dropped on the floor. This is starting to get annoying, is anyone seeing 
>>similar issues?
> 
> 
> Not me. Perhaps I'm in some VIP class. :^)

Oh, I figured that out! Gmail's "utf-8" mode encodes everything in 
base64. Awful sh*t. Reverted to ascii and life is good.

martin
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/           PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
OFFICE: +64(4)916-7224                              MOB: +64(21)364-017
       Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler - Einstein
-----------------------------------------------------------------------