Subject: Re: git versus CVS (versus bk)

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:54:07 +0100

Horst von Brand wrote:
> Martin Langhoff <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> [...]
> 
> 
>>In practice, a new developer will often roll up commits to avoid
>>sending a string of shameful patches and corrections on top -- I often
>>do that ;-) . Developers with more "mana" will have published repos
>>where Junio pulls directly from -- and they get merged with full
>>history. Of course -- they don't have brown-paper-bag commits like I
>>do...
> 
> 
> I bet they have a scratchpad on their laptop (full of brown-paper-bag
> commits and backtracking) from which they push into a cleaned up repository
> for public consumption.

I just do a lot of branches.

Incidentally though, is there any way to make a commit completely go 
away without resetting the files?

It'd be a nice feature even if it can only do it from the top down, 
unlike git-revert which can do it anywhere in the middle as well.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231