Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] GIT 0.99.9g

From: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:18:21 -0800

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> 
>>May I *STRONGLY* urge you to name that something different. 
>>"lost+found" is a name with special properties in Unix; for example, 
>>many backup solutions will ignore a directory with that name.
> 
> 
> Yeah, the original proposal (in TODO list) explicitly stated why
> I chose lost-found instead of lost+found back then, and somebody
> on the list (could have been Pasky but I may be mistaken) said
> not to worry.  In any case, if we go the route Daniel suggests,
> we would not be storing anything on the filesystem ourselves so
> this would be a non-issue.
> 

Just realized one more issue with this... a lot of non-Unix filesystems 
can't deal with files with a + sign.

	-hpa