Subject: Re: Remove unneeded packs

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 14:13:36 +0100

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi guys,
> 
> every time Linus re-creates the pack for his linux-2.6 tree, I end up
> with another pack. I use HTTP as transport and thus the new pack will be
> download (which is almost 100 MB), but that is fine. However it seems
> that the old (previous) pack will never be deleted. For the no longer
> needed object files I can use git-prune-packed, but the old pack I have
> to identify and delete by myself. Exists an easy and nice way to get rid
> of old unneeded packs? Can't git-prune-packed also do this job?
> 

A patchset was posted to the list 2005-11-09 by Lukas Sandström, adding 
"git-pack-intersect" which was subsequently renamed to the more 
appropriate "git-pack-redundant".

If I remember the commit messages and understand your question correctly 
it does what you want.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231