Subject: Re: [RFC] git email submissions

From: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:53:23 -0800

Linus Torvalds wrote:
> 
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> 
>>For people without _any_ hosting, it would be nice to give them a method to
>>submit some git changes via email.
> 
> Well, as long as you don't expect me to take those things..
> 
> BK had it with "bk send"/"bk receive", I used it a couple of times and 
> refuse to do it again.
> 

Personally I think it would be nice if you could do an augmented 
patchset so that the end result is the same (with the same SHA1 IDs) as 
if one had merged a pull, while still being a human-readable patchset. 
The advantage with that is that once merged it'll do the right thing on 
the author's end.  I think that's pretty much my answer to Jeff's 
question :)

	-hpa