Subject: Re: Linux 2.6.15-rc2

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:07:08 +0100

Ed Tomlinson wrote:
> Something strange here.   After a cg-update, I had no tag for rc2.   Checking
> showed no problems so I used cg-clone to get another copy of the repository.
> Still no rc2.
> 
> ed@grover:/usr/src/2.6$ cg-version
> cogito-0.16rc2 (73874dddeec2d0a8e5cd343eec762d98314def63)
> ed@grover:/usr/src/2.6$ git --version
> git version 0.99.9.GIT
> 
> cg-clone http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git 2.6
> 

This happened a while ago to someone else too. Apparently the http 
transport needs serverside help (git-update-server-info or some such 
must be run on the remote side).

Unless you're restricted by firewalls and other you could try

git clone 
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git 2.6

which works flawlessly for me although it takes quite some time to 
transfer all the data.

Linus, HPA: Are the packs cached on kernel.org? It seems to be at least 
a minute before the transfers start.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231