Subject: git-send-mail in sh

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:45:41 +0100

Finally giving up on git-send-email (I won't install the 6 perl-modules 
it requires and I don't know perl enough to remove the need for them), I 
hacked up a replacement in sh. It's more aptly named as well. ;)

It tries to be fairly newbie-friendly in what it accepts so that new 
developers on a project easily can submit patches upstream in the 
desired format.

This is just a draft. If anyone thinks it's a good idea then say so and 
I'll write the man-page and re-submit it as a proper patch.

It's better than the perl version because;
1. It doesn't have any requirements other than normal unix-commands and 
"mail" being in the path.
2. It can generate the patches on the fly, using git-format-patch.

It's worse than the perl version because;
1. It doesn't thread the patch-series (which I personally prefer anyway 
since it's easier to follow a thread on a particular patch that way).
2. The patches sent within the same second arrive in random order.

Sorry about the attachment btw. Thunderbird seems to wrap lines no 
matter what I tell it.

Thoughts? Comments?

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231