Subject: git-update-server-info crashes on hera.kernel.org:/pub/scm/libs/klibc/klibc.git

From: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 14:35:26 -0800

git-core-0.99.9j-1, and the backtrace is as follows:

: hera 29 ; ls -l /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/git-update-
git-update-index.debug*       git-update-ref.debug* 
git-update-server-info.debug*
: hera 29 ; gdb -s /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/git-update-server-info.debug 
/usr/bin/git-update-server-info
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.63rh)
Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain 
conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...Using host 
libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/git-update-server-info

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x0804c04c in nth_packed_object_sha1 (p=0x986a1f0, n=0, sha1=0xbfffc9f0 
"") at sha1_file.c:1017
1017            memcpy(sha1, (index + 24 * n + 4), 20);
(gdb) where
#0  0x0804c04c in nth_packed_object_sha1 (p=0x986a1f0, n=0, 
sha1=0xbfffc9f0 "") at sha1_file.c:1017
#1  0x08049a61 in update_server_info (force=0) at server-info.c:248
#2  0x08049466 in main (ac=1, av=0xbfffeed4) at update-server-info.c:22
#3  0x00ce1e23 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#4  0x080493a1 in _start ()

	-hpa