Subject: [ANNOUNCE qgit-1.0rc1]

From: Marco Costalba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:45:30 +0100

A good amount of small fixes and just few non intrusive features
added, biggest one are speed-up of ref reading at startup, a per
repository charset encoding using i18n.commitencoding git config
variable and an annotation progress bar.

I plan to relase 1.0 for end of next week, so I would like to catch
last minutes bugs with this rc1.

Thanks to Pavel and Junio for fixes and suggestions.

DOWNLOAD

Download tarball from sourceforge as usual:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/qgit/qgit-1.0rc1.tar.bz2?download

Or directly from git repository:
http://digilander.libero.it/mcostalba/qgit.git

With Junio help, I setup the repository to work both with cg-clone and
git-clone and also
tags fetching is available now ;-)

INSTALLATION

You need scons and qt-mt developer libs, version 3.3.4 or better,
already installed.

qgit is NOT compatible with Qt4.

On some platforms (Debian) you should set QTDIR before to compile.

- unpack tar file
- make
- make install

qgit will be installed in $HOME/bin

CHANGELOG

- reselect current revision after a refresh or a tree filter/un-filter
- speed up startup refs reading deferring tag messages fetching
- print offending command line when running commands synchronously
- added fancy annotation progress bar
- use git variable i18n.commitencoding to store charset codec name
- converted to use git-peek-remote to read refs: slower but cleaner
- added python and perl file icons in tree view
- fix a long standing bug that filters out error reporting when a
  process writes to stderr
- fix tree filtering when tree selected item is not visible
- fix error getting file sha
- add wait cursor while opening tree directory
- fix issue with mouse right-click that could freeze the UI in some cases
- always load names cache file if present
- fix graph in (rare) case of initial rev to be a fork
- fix enable/disable 'view diff' and 'view file' menus policy
- fix multi-tag commits display in status bar
- remove PGP signature from tag message
- fix file viewer sometimes opens on a wrong file when file is tree selected

Marco

		
___________________________________ 
Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB 
http://mail.yahoo.it