Subject: [ANNOUNCE] qgit-1.1rc1

From: Marco Costalba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 13:20:22 +0100

Hi everybody,

   this should be qgit-1.0.1 but due to some new and quite intrusive
changes I chose for 1.1rc1 although the final 1.1 is still far away.

Important bugs, found after 1.0 was out, are the broken link navigation
in commit description window and the broken filter by SHA sub string
in main view.

Among new features added, to note is support for file content copy
with annotation line headers automatically removed and support for
toggling between to list all files or just interesting ones in merge
revisions, the pruning algorithm is the same of gitk with only
implementation differences, so the results should be the same.

There is also a 20% speed up in start-up times (tested on my box with
different clock settings) due to a new double buffering data loader.

What I consider the coolest feature, although not visible ;-) , is the
introduction of an extended  exception system to resolve in a general,
and IMHO clean way, stability problems due to races.
See exception_manager.txt in base directory if interested.

Page with all the download links is, as usual,
http://digilander.libero.it/mcostalba/

You will found installation instructions and detailed change logs in
README and ChangeLog file respectively.

Marco
Chiacchiera con i tuoi amici in tempo reale! 
 http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/*http://it.messenger.yahoo.com