Subject: Re: git-format-patch Date header

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 16:21:13 +0100

Timo Hirvonen wrote:
> git-format-patch uses "date '+%s %z'" format for the Date header.
> Sylpheed does not understand this format.  How common this convention
> is?  Should we change git-format-patch to use more standard date format?
> 
> OTOH, I like the %s format because it is so simple and easy to parse :)
> 

Actually, that's what's printed in the commit message, so any change 
would have to be put there and that would break backwards compatibility 
for new tools that might want to use it.

On an unrelated note, please don't start a new thread by replying to an 
old message. It's very confusing to follow and people may not see your 
message. This time it was doubly so because the next mail in my inbox is 
a patch for git-format-patch, to which I thought you replied.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231