Subject: Merge problems.

From: Ian Molton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 22:50:59 +0000

Doing the following:

git checkout -b mywork v2.6.12
# work, work, work
git commit -a
git merge "Merging happily." mywork v2.6.15

At theat point I get a merge failure - I assume that means I've
got conflicts. I forgot to not the exact error.

so I can see unmerged files using git ls-files --unmerged which lists a
lot of SHA1 hashes and paths. but most of the files in the list I havent
touched! why would they have any conflicts? surely they would simply
update 2.6.12->2.6.15 ?

The SHA1 hashes are all listed at least twice per file too, eg.

100644 d058e65daf19f4bb8c257e2273f4c935ccee5121 1
Documentation/DocBook/scsidrivers.tmpl
100644 d058e65daf19f4bb8c257e2273f4c935ccee5121 2
Documentation/DocBook/scsidrivers.tmpl

What does this mean?

How do I work out what needs merging byhand?