Subject: Re: git + ssh + key authentication feature-request

From: Nicolas Vilz 'niv' <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 01:33:30 +0100

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Nicolas Vilz 'niv' <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> 
>>in my case it would be only one system-user which has full access to
>>several repositories. At this time, the users which use that account,
>>have to give a password, which isn't that bad... it would be easier
>>and more secure for me, not to give a password, but ask the users for
>>the ssh pubkey..

[... how sshd operates ...]

> You _could_ tell them to use the same -l option and log-in as
> the same UNIX user with their own keys, though.  But that way
> you cannot tell which developer pushed into the repository (of
> course if you trust the commits, commit log message would say
> the committer ident).

I think this (last) scenario would match my thoughts best :)

Exactly that was, what i was trying to do, although I couldn't tell git 
to send my identify-file. That was (more or less) my initial-question 
(howto do that, the ssh option -i) :)

You got a point which i haven't recognized, yet...

I really can't tell later on which developer pushed unless i trust the 
commit-messages. I will think about that.

So, how do i tell git to send my identity-file to sshd? And could I set 
an alias like in .git/remotes for that location / identity?

Thank you very much for your explanations and help.

Sincerly
Nicolas