Subject: Re: git + ssh + key authentication feature-request

From: Nicolas Vilz 'niv' <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 01:43:09 +0100

Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Create a "project" account on some shared machine, create the project(s) 
> in that accounts home directory, and set the login shell for that 
> project to "git-shell".

done..

> It _should_ all work perfectly fine. There are features you may want to 
> add, like logging (but sshd does some of that for you) and various "admin" 
> commands in addition to just plain push/pull. git-shell was really just a 
> quick hack, and I don't know if anybody actually uses it.

I would like to use it.. i searched for something like scponly for ssh 
just for git.. and I found git-shell.

as long as i can modify and setup git-repositories myself, i haven't 
needed admin-commands, yet...

as mentioned in the thread, i still search for a posibility to tell git 
to send my identify-file... and possibly set an alias for this command :)

ssh with bash for this account and the keys works... ssh with git-shell 
does work, too... (What do you think I am? A shell?) but git with keys 
and ssh transport, that is what i don't get working :)

Nicolas