Subject: Re: What's in git.git

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 10:04:53 +0100

sean wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:47:54 -0800
> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> 
>>One *major* change I am thinking about doing is to change my
>>workflow a bit.  So far, the proposed updates branch "pu" was
>>almost impossible to follow unless you are really a devoted git
>>developer, because it is always rebased to the latest master and
>>then topic branches are merged onto it.  While that keeps the
>>number of unnecessary merge nodes between master and pu to the
>>minimum, it actively discouraged for the branch to be followed
>>by developers.
> 
> 
> I've always followed it okay by just using "git branch -d pu" each time 
> before pulling from you.   Your "next" branch does sound like an 
> improvement though.
> 

I thought

	Pull: +pu:pu

was supposed to handle such things automatically. It has always pulled 
properly for me anyways.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231