Subject: several quick questions

From: Nicolas Vilz 'niv' <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:28:34 +0100

Hello everyone,

i wonder, how i revoke a straight forward merge of two trees... I
actually wanted to be look like somewhere in the git-repository, where
some branches are merged back with the master tree, but i think, that
wasn't "cg-merge -c <tree to merge with the actual one>"...

my result was that my master tree has now the same sha1-sum as my
development-tree and gitk visualisation differs from that what i saw in
the git-repository. (Several Arrows headed into back into one line...)

maybe that was because i didn't do anything in my master tree in the
meantime.

And another thing, is there no posibility to get back to some commits or
tags? I realized you can rebranch tags... what, if i want to switch back
to git version 1.1.6 in the git repository? Or a certain commit?

do you have to make a new private branch out of the tag 1.1.6?

i used svn and there i could go back some revisions. I haven't found
such a feature in git, yet... but i think i am blind all the time.

I like git very much and every new day I like it more.

Sincerly
Nicolas