Subject: git-svn and working with tags

From: Nicolas Vilz 'niv' <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 12:38:35 +0100

Hi guys,

I am about to use a git/svn construct for a project next week to track
my work and the work of my co-workers.

Reason for this is, that all the others are working on windows-boxes and
I am the lonesome gunman, who wants to work with git on a linux box
contributing the others on svn side.

There is still a lot of work todo, preparing both backends, git and svn,
for serving almost the same content structure.

I think, i can do a little scripting to switch my git-SVN-HEAD to
another branch. But how am i intended to export tags to svn?

tags should simply go to <repos>/tags/<tagname>
branches go to <repos>/branches/<branchname>
master goes to <repos>/trunk

A svn-import should be no problem then. The re-exporting back to one
branch or svn_path is described in git-svn howto. but how about tags?

do i have to consider the tags on svn-side manually?

any ideas/hints?

Sincerly
Nicolas