Subject: Re: Any news on an Eclipse plugin?

From: Noel Grandin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 08:59:26 +0200

The subversion plugin (subclipse.tigris.org) might be a good starting
point since it delegates a lot of it's low-level work through an
interface called svnClientAdapter. Re-implementing that to talk to git
should get you something useful in a reasonable time-frame.

Note that an eclipse team plugin is a pretty complicated beast.

Shawn Pearce wrote:

>I'm considering starting an Eclipse plugin for GIT.  So I did
>some digging to see if any existing projects have anything I can
>contribute to (rather than starting from scratch) but I only turned
>up a thread from May 2005 started by Jon Seymour:
>
>  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/archives/git/0505/3357.html
>
>anyone know anything newer?  If there's nothing existing worth
>starting with other than the CVS or SVN plugins (as mentioned in
>this thread) I'll probably start putting together a prototype and
>start making it available early next week.
>
>I'm going to carefully read the thread that I linked to above before
>writing anything, so there's no need to start getting into the core
>and not so core discussion again.  I'll read it over for myself. :-)
>
>  
>

NOTICE: Please note that this email, and the contents thereof, 
are subject to the standard Peralex email disclaimer, which may 
be found at: http://www.peralex.com/disclaimer.html

If you cannot access the disclaimer through the URL attached 
 and you wish to receive a copy thereof please send 
 an email to [email-masked]