Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add git-imap-send.

From: Mike McCormack <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:58:10 +0900

Junio C Hamano wrote:

>>[imap]
>>	Host = imap.server.com
>>	User = bob
>>	Password = pwd
>>	Port = 143
> 
> These I am not so sure.  It _might_ make sense to have something
> like this under $HOME/.  Isn't there an established convention
> for storing something like this for existing MUAs?

It seems better to keep all the configuration in the same place.  It's 
possible (although unlikely) that somebody uses two different IMAP 
servers to send mail... maybe one for work and one for play?

I think it would also be good to be able to specify these as command 
line options, as some people might be uncomfortable with having their 
password in a file (though it would be better to use an ssh tunnel).

>>+ * As a special exception, mbsync may be linked with the OpenSSL library,
>>+ * despite that library's more restrictive license.

> Hmmm.

I'll remove this, and all the SSL specific code, as it also complicates 
the Makefile and adds an extra dependency.

I've fixed all the other issues you pointed out, and will resend the patch.

Mike