Subject: Re: Any news on an Eclipse plugin?

From: lamikr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 21:50:35 +0200

Hi

Have you yet made any kind of planning of the features that would be
available or put up the repository?
I use novadays Eclipse basically for all of my editing and something
like CVS/Subclipse plug-ins for git would be cool.
(cdt cross-indexing is still a little bit slow with the amount of files
in kernel so with kernel I have turned that off)

Noel Grandin wrote:

>The subversion plugin (subclipse.tigris.org) might be a good starting
>point since it delegates a lot of it's low-level work through an
>interface called svnClientAdapter. Re-implementing that to talk to git
>should get you something useful in a reasonable time-frame.
>
>Note that an eclipse team plugin is a pretty complicated beast.
>  
>
Yes, but very powerfull for the people like me who have who just have
never bothered to learn VI/Emacs/sed properly
and feel with them like having 5 thumps, code finders, search tools,
refactoring tools, etc. available in Eclipse are very cool.

So if the repository for git plug-ins goes up somewhere I could try to
help a little bit.

Mika