Subject: Re: Errors GITtifying GCC and Binutils

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:29:12 +0100

Mark Wooding wrote:
> Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
>>But your definately right; once the blame/annotate war settles out
>>GIT will have pretty much everything one might need - except a good
>>distributed bug/issue tracking type system.  :-)
> 
> 
> There ought to be such a thing.  And I hope it gets called `bugger'.
> 

I'm working (slowly) on integrating it with Mantis (www.mantisbt.org), 
which we use at work. It shouldn't be difficult to reuse that code with 
Bugzilla and other similar trackers.

The recognition thing is done in the update-script, looking for a hash 
followed by a number (the bug-id) and then sending that commit to 
another program, so it's simply a matter of including the bug-id, 
prefixed with a hash, and the bug-topic somewhere in the commit message, 
which is a fairly good practice anyways.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231