Subject: Re: Cloning from sites with 404 overridden

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:40:32 +0100

Mark Wooding wrote:
> Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
>>>I'm not sure what the best "object that's not supposed to be there" is.
>>
>>.git/objects/00/hoping-for-a-404-or-webadmin-should-fix
> 
> 
> If .git/objects/00/00000000000000000000000000000000000000 exists, the
> repository has big problems already.
> 

Indeed. I'm off sobriety again, it being friday and all, but I'm 
assuming there are more than 18 zeroes there, yes? The "feature" of the 
above line is that it will fit in any buffer that already exists, and 
will match any third argument to send(2) that already exists.

> (Aside: `C-u 38 0' doesn't work because Emacs hears `C-u 380' and waits
> for a key.  `M-: (insert-char ?0 38) RET' does the right thing, but is
> ugly.  Any better suggestions?)
> 

This I happily don't understand at all. I'm also happy ignorant of what 
it has to do with the issue at hand.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231