Subject: Re: git-svn and svn sw --relocate

From: Nicolas Vilz 'niv' <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:20:17 +0200

Eric Wong wrote:
> Nicolas Vilz 'niv' <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>i have now my repository locally and i want to get it remotely on a
>>server, in order to have a few collaborators...
>>
>>the steps on the svn-side are clear. But what do i have todo on the
>>git-svn-side of this life?
>>
>>does a simple "svn sw --relocate" do the job in the git-svn meta-dir?
> 
> 
> Yes, you'll need to do that in .git/git-svn/tree and also update
> .git/git-svn/info/url by hand.

Will there be any other sha1-sums for that repository so that i have to
merge them again and again? This issue occured to me the last time i
encountered the git-svn-change with the external sources, where i had to
repair my external git-svn-tree, which resulted in new sha1sums
somehow... that was very unpleasant to my collegue..

Although the uuids there should remain the same... so i think, that
would be no problem to try.

Thanks for the tip.

Nicolas