Subject: Re: [PATCH] git builtin "push"

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:58:45 -0400

Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Now, the reason I did it as a built-in is partly because it's yet another 
> step on relying less on shell, but it's actually mostly because I've 
> wanted to be able to push to _multiple_ repositories, and the most obvious 
> and simplest interface for that would seem be to just have a "remotes" 
> file that has multiple URL entries.

Thanks!  This is why I still use rsync, even though everybody and their 
mother tells me "Linus says rsync is deprecated."

Fact is, rsync is still the best to push a _bunch_ of branches, in the 
same tree, all in one command.  In an attempt to get away from rsync, I 
even tried putting multiple git:// entries into .git/remotes/origin, 
then doing "git push" with no args, without success.

Each time I have a non-trivial libata update, I've updated twelve (12) 
branches, and think its highly silly to have to run

	url=git://git.kernel.org/...jgarzik/...
	git push $url $branch:$branch

twelve times.

	Jeff