Subject: Re: [PATCH] cvsimport: introduce -L<imit> option to workaround memory leaks

From: "Martin Langhoff (CatalystIT)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 15:15:43 +1200

Linus Torvalds wrote:

> 
> This stupid patch on top of yours seems to make git happier. It's 
> disgusting, I know, but it just repacks things every kilo-commit.
> 
> I actually think that I found a real ext3 performance bug from trying to 
> determine why git sometimes slows down ridiculously when the tree has been 
> allowed to go too long without a repack.
> 

Acked (in case anyone cares for such an obvious one), and thanks! I 
thought of doing that last night together with that exact patch, but I 
was focussing on the leak.

cheers,

m
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/           PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
OFFICE: +64(4)916-7224                              MOB: +64(21)364-017
       Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler - Einstein
-----------------------------------------------------------------------