Subject: Re: irc usage..

From: Donnie Berkholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 22:31:45 -0700

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On 5/30/06, Donnie Berkholz <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Looking closer, I see that the memory suckers do appear to be git, from
>> dmesg:
>>
>> Out of Memory: Kill process 17230 (git-repack) score 97207 and children.
>> Out of memory: Killed process 17231 (git-rev-list).
> 
> That would mean that you do have Linus' patch then. Grep cvsimport for
> repack and remove the -a -- and consider using his recent patch to
> rev-list.

You certainly would think so, and I did as well, but available evidence
indicates otherwise. I'm not sure how the repack got in there.

donnie@supernova ~ $ type git-cvsimport
git-cvsimport is /usr/bin/git-cvsimport
donnie@supernova ~ $ grep repack /usr/bin/git-cvsimport
donnie@supernova ~ $

All I can think of is that I somehow OOM'd when I manually ran a repack
and didn't notice it. But that should've at least made me unable to
resume the cvsimport process, which happily kept chugging along later on.

> My dmesg talks about an earlier cvs segfault. Nasty tree you have here
> -- it's breaking all sorts of things... and teaching us a thing or two
> about the import process.
> 
>> Committed patch 249100 (origin 2005-08-20 05:05:58)
> 
> Hmmm? How can you be at patch 249100 and still be a good year ahead of
> me? Have you told cvsps to cut off old history?

Nope. I ran the exact cvsps flags you posted earlier to create it.

Thanks,
Donnie