Subject: Resurrecting symlink problem

From: dormando <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:00:53 -0700

Hey,

We have an issue with cogito/git and not being able to remove symlinks 
from a central remote repo.

First try: cg-rm symlinks*
Complains that I'm trying to delete directories without the -r option. 
So it's resolving the symlinks to the target directory.

git rm -f symlinks*

works. Symlinks are gone, push to repo, everything's happy.

However:

user A git rm -f's the symlinks, pushes to origin
user B cg-update's, then cg-commit's, cg-push's a one line change in an 
unrelated file.

user A cg-update's, and the symlinks come back.

This happens over and over. They appear to disappear if cg-update does a 
fast forward, but not if it does a merge. Any suggestions on how to 
resolve this issue?

I'm still looking at what exactly is going on when user B does that 
cg-update.

Thanks,
-Dormando