Subject: Re: Setting up git server?

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:55:34 +0200

lamikr wrote:
> Hi
> 
> I have git-repo cloned from the linux-omap-2.6 that we have used as a
> base for our h6300 development.
> Earlier we have kept our kernel in svn (sync between git-branches and
> svn has happened about once in a month by using
> traditional diff files...)
> 
> I have now pulled the server to "/repos/git/linux-omap-h6300-2.6" and
> setup the /etc/xinetd.d/git-daemon by using docs in
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/everyday.html
> 
> How can I now create the git url for this? For example something like
> this: git://aragorn.kortex.jyu.fi/repos/git/linux-omap-h6300-2.6.git
> 

Assuming '/repos' is in your root directory, do

touch /repos/git/linux-omap-h6300-2.6.git/git-daemon-export-ok

This will mark the repo as allowed to export for the git-daemon, and 
then you can tell people to pull from the url you mentioned.

For those that need push access you will need to setup ssh accounts. It 
is easier if they also pull over ssh+git, using a similar url but 
replacing "git://" with "ssh://" (or "git+ssh://").

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231