Subject: Re: [PATCH] format-patch: Generate a newline between the subject header and the message body.

From: Robert Shearman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:03:26 +0100

Jakub Narebski wrote:

>Robert Shearman wrote:
>  
>
>>format-patch previously didn't generate a newline after a subject. This 
>>caused the diffstat to not be displayed in messages without a blank line 
>>and the first blank line to be eaten in messages with a blank line.
>>    
>>
>
>Does this _enforce_ separating commit message into subject+empty
>line+description? What about commit messages without this structire (e.g.
>legacy commit messages from import from other SCM, e.g. GNU ChangeLog
>style)?
>

It only affects commits exported into email style. It has nothing to do
with the structure of GIT commit messages or those of any other SCM.

-- 
Rob Shearman