Subject: Problems using cg to clone Dave Millers repository

From: Panagiotis Issaris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:35:31 +0200

Hi,

I'm having trouble cloning Dave Millers kernel repository:

takis@issaris:/tmp/a$ cg-clone 
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6.git
defaulting to local storage area
Fetching pack (head and objects)...
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)
cg-fetch: fetching pack failed

takis@issaris:/tmp/a$ cg-clone 
http://kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6.git
defaulting to local storage area
Fetching head...
Fetching objects...
Getting alternates list for 
http://kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6.git/
Also look at http://kernel.or
error: Couldn't resolve host 'kernel.orobjects' (curl_result = 6, 
http_code = 0, sha1 = ae1237750a9178b81d61308f9228f4f92a7402b2)
Getting pack list for 
http://kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6.git/
Getting pack list for http://kernel.or
error: Couldn't resolve host 'kernel.or'
error: Unable to find 27fd37621255799602d74e94d670ff7a1658d40a under 
http://kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6.git/
Cannot obtain needed blob 27fd37621255799602d74e94d670ff7a1658d40a
while processing commit 322045cc61d1dae9ff9e9ba2d7d4768fe1b3385d.
Waiting for 
http://kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6.git/objects/d3/a269671c4c20a942bda04579d8d0e6ebf82c73
progress: 8 objects, 6468 bytes
cg-fetch: objects fetch failed

takis@issaris:/tmp/a$ git clone 
http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6.git
Cannot get remote repository information.
Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?

takis@issaris:/tmp/a$ git clone 
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6.git
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)
fetch-pack from 
'git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6.git' failed.

With friendly regards,
Takis