Subject: Re: [RFC] Introduce git-xxdiff to invoke xxdiff for manual conflict resolution

From: "Martin Langhoff (CatalystIT)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 12:37:44 +1200

Junio C Hamano wrote:

> We can have unmerged index without MERGE_HEAD (for example,
> think "rebase --merge" or "am -3"); drop check for that and
> instead check for stage 2 ("ours") for the path.

Reading Documentation/git-read-tree.txt it seems to mean that stage 1 is 
merge base, 1 is ours and 2 is the branch being merged in.

I am confused...

Quote:
> When performing a merge of another
> branch into the current branch, we use the common ancestor tree
> as <tree1>, the current branch head as <tree2>, and the other
> branch head as <tree3>.

m
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/           PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
OFFICE: +64(4)916-7224                              MOB: +64(21)364-017
       Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler - Einstein
-----------------------------------------------------------------------