Subject: setting up a git repo on apache

From: Alan Larkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 16:58:03 +0100

New user ... Hi.

I realise that this is really an apache question, but Im not getting any
help from their mailing lists and figure that there must be someone here
whos done this.

Can someone please help me get a GIT repo running on Apache 2.
Specifically my problem is with DAV.

$ git push http://localhost:/webdav/git/myproj master
Error: no DAV locking support on remote repo

I have dav_fs.conf, dav_fs.load, and dav.load in mods-enabled. They
load the modules and set

DAVLockDB /var/lock/apache2/DAV.lock

Apache owns and has full access to that directory.

I have removed all .htaccess files below /var/www/webdav. I am not
using any form of authentication. I have tried with and without aliases
for the repo directory. I have tried setting DAV on for
/var/www/webdav/git, and /var/www/webdav/git/myproj.

Its always the same. No DAV locking support.

If could help or even point me to some appropriate documentation (Ive
looked and looked and cant find any) Id appreciate it.

Thanks.