Subject: Re: problem with git-cvsserver

From: aonghus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 19:20:40 +0100

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, aonghus wrote:
>
>   
>>    install_driver(SQLite) failed: Can't locate DBD/SQLite.pm in @INC (@INC
>> contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8
>> /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
>> /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7
>> .) at (eval 7) line 3, <STDIN> line 14.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>    libdbd-sqlite3-perl: /usr/share/perl5/DBD/SQLite.pm
>>     
>
> Have you checked that /usr/share/perl5/DBD/SQLite.pm is actually there? 
> Because your perl does not think so.
>
> OTOH it could be that it only works when SQLite.pm is in 
> /usr/lib/perl5/DBD/ (note the "lib" instead of "share"), because in my 
> (working) setup, both the .pm and the .so are under /usr/lib/perl5/...
>
> Hth,
> Dscho
>   

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but I think the files are in the right place- here 
is what I have:

    $ dpkg -S SQLite
    libdbd-sqlite3-perl: /usr/share/man/man3/DBD::SQLite.3pm.gz
    libdbd-sqlite3-perl: /usr/share/perl5/DBD/SQLite.pm
    libdbd-sqlite3-perl: /usr/lib/perl5/auto/DBD/SQLite
    libdbd-sqlite3-perl: /usr/lib/perl5/auto/DBD/SQLite/SQLite.bs
    libdbd-sqlite3-perl: /usr/lib/perl5/auto/DBD/SQLite/SQLite.so

and it really is there:

    $ ll /usr/share/perl5/DBD/SQLite.pm
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 16K Apr 18 16:20 /usr/share/perl5/DBD/SQLite.pm

I don't know much about the perl SQLite package, but it seems that 
git-cvsserver is not loading the correct module. The line 'use DBI;' 
seems to load only this module:

    'DBI.pm' => '1.51 from /usr/lib/perl5/DBI.pm'

Does it need something else to load the SQLite module?

a