Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] git-daemon: plug new upload-tar command

From: Rene Scharfe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:45:29 +0200

Hi,

Franck Bui-Huu schrieb:
> Here's a simple patchset that basically teach git-daemon about the 
> upload-tar command added by Junio's commit:

Junio has similar code in the 'next' branch.  And he correctly pointed
out that with the arrival of git-zip-tree the time has come to think
about a format independent tree-to-archive converter command to avoid
re-implementing essentially the same thing under the names of
git-upload-zip, git-upload-rar etc.

I'm trying for a few days now to find time for implementing a
git-archive command, but I'm failing.  And I won't be able to do so
before the weekend (at least).

I propose to make the command line syntax more similar to the one of
git-ls-tree (e.g. --prefix instead of optional second non-option
parameter for base dir, support for path specs).  In a previous mail I
also proposed to merge the upload command into git-archive, but now that
I thought a bit about it it doesn't make sense to me anymore.

So if you beat me to it, that would be great.  Or if you have a better
idea, that would be also great. :-)

I have to go now..

René