Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-repack: create new packs inside $PACKDIR, not cwd

From: "Martin Langhoff (CatalystIT)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 22:03:12 +1200

Junio C Hamano wrote:

> In other words...

Can't be offline 2 hs to read a book... ;-) Actually, I had thought the 
pack reading code would focus on filenames following pack-<id>.pack 
pattern and corresponding idx files, and that .tmp-* was safe to have 
there. My bad.

BTW, I think there's a small error.

...

> --- a/git-repack.sh
> +++ b/git-repack.sh
> @@ -24,8 +24,10 @@ do
>  	shift
>  done
>  
> -rm -f .tmp-pack-*
>  PACKDIR="$GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY/pack"
> +PACKTMP="$GIT_DIR/.tmp-$$-pack"
> +rm -f "$PACKTMP"-*
> +trap 'rm -f "$PACKTMP"-*' 0 1 2 3 15

Your packtmp includes $$ which means that rm -f "$PACKTMP" will only 
clear out old packs only if the pid of the old-and-probably-dead process 
matches ours... and then a hyphen.

so instead I propose...

+trap 'rm -f "$GIT_DIR/.tmp-*-pack"' 0 1 2 3 15

cheers,

martin
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/           PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
OFFICE: +64(4)916-7224                              MOB: +64(21)364-017
       Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler - Einstein
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
VGER BF report: U 0.900798