Subject: Re: perhaps time to remove git_blame from gitweb, and git-annotate?

From: "Martin Langhoff (CatalystIT)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 18:37:26 +1300

Luben Tuikov wrote:
>>>Do people have reason to favor annotate over blame?  To keep
>>>existing people's scripts working I think we should add a small
>>>amount of code to blame.c to default to compatibility mode when
>>>the command is called as git-annotate at least for a while, but
>>>other than that I do not see much issue against scheduling for
>>>annotate's removal.
>>
>>+1. Although I would leave git-annotate in git, if only to meet 
>>expectations of new git users.
> 
> 
> I agree with Junio's assessment of the situation.

+1 -- I need to test that the switch to git-blame for git-cvsserver 
works well for Eclipse end users. Will try and fit that next week 
somehow ;-)

martin
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/           PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
OFFICE: +64(4)916-7224                              MOB: +64(21)364-017
       Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler - Einstein
-----------------------------------------------------------------------