Subject: Re: VCS comparison table

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:52:14 +0200

Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 10:29:53AM -0700 I heard the voice of
> Linus Torvalds, and lo! it spake thus:
>> I already briought this up once, and I suspect that the bzr people
>> simply DID NOT UNDERSTAND the question:
>>
>>  - how do you do the git equivalent of "gitk --all"
> 
> I for one simply DO NOT UNDERSTAND the question, because I don't know
> what that is or what I'd be trying to accomplish by doing it.  The
> documentation helpfully tells me that it's something undocumented.
> 

See the attached screenshot. This is from qgit --all on the git 
repository, but the DAG output is identical to that of gitk. Note in 
particular the 'pu' and 'next' branches. By scrolling down, I can easily 
see the branch-point of any of them.

To those that do not appreciate or allow email-attachments, I apologize. 
I think however that it was necessary to provide a view for the bazaar 
people of what Linus is talking about without having to download and 
install git and a git repository.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231