Subject: Re: VCS comparison table

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:41:23 +0200

Erik Bågfors wrote:
> 
> Creates the picture you can see at
> http://erik.bagfors.nu/bzr-plugins/dotrepo.png
> 

Looking at this picture, I found a very annoying thing with bzr's 
revids: For commits from the same author on the same day, they don't 
differ in the beginning, making all of them, at a glance, look the same. 
I got a headache just trying to figure out how to read them. It might be 
worth looking into in the future, especially if you decide to show them 
to the users.

Perhaps it's just my git eyes being used to seeing the first 4 chars 
(which is all I normally look at) being different for each different 
commit, but having to look up the near-end of the string to find the 
actual difference in bzr's revids was actually a quite painful experience.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se