Subject: Re: VCS comparison table

From: Aaron Bentley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:47:23 -0400

Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> The only issue I have with bzr's revno's and truly distributed setup is
> that, by looking at the table, it seems to claim that you have found
> some miraculous way to make revnos work without a central server. Since
> everyone agrees that they don't, this should IMO be listed as mutually
> exclusive features.

The "simple namespace" is both a URL and a revno.

And therefore, it's just as distributed and decentralized as the web.

There is very little difference between this:

http://example.com/mywebpage#5

And this:

http://example.com/mybranch 5

In fact, we've been planning to unify them into one identifier.

Aaron
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFFQLxr0F+nu1YWqI0RAiVrAJ9rb+uylIuxqMo2VMelI3Qm6oNQOwCfeTAb
kOkp9kOkRl1YEVEP+G3y2SU=
=Zgsg