Subject: Re: latest git and git.kernel.org

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:51:58 +0200

Aneesh Kumar K.V wrote:
> Andreas Ericsson wrote:
>> Aneesh Kumar K.V wrote:
>>> I am getting lot of errors with git.kernel.org in the last few days. 
>>> Is it something to do with the latest git client that i am using or 
>>> due to issues with git.kernel.org ?
>>>
>>
>> I'm seeing the same, but only against git.kernel.org. repo.or.cz works 
>> fine for my, so I've switched to pulling the git repo from there 
>> instead. I guess this is an enforced resource policy on kernel.org. I 
>> believe the inetd rules there have limits on how many concurrent 
>> connections it allows the git-daemon to handle. For example, I often 
>> get to pull the actual objects, but it then fails to fetch the tags 
>> because of "Unexpected EOF. Connection closed" thingie.
>>
> 
> 
> That means i need to find mirrors for kernel and git. Any list available 
> some where regarding these repositories.
> For the time being i switched to repo.or.cz

Not that I know of. At work we've set up a local mirror. I'm sure many 
other companies have done the same. Those that haven't should probably 
do so, as it would save their developers time and relieve kernel.org of 
some of its stress.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se