Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-svn: fix dcommit losing changes when out-of-date from svn

From: Steven Grimm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:30:15 -0800

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Steven, I do not interact with real svn repository myself so I
> can only judge from the test in this patch and Steven's test
> case, so it would be more assuring for me if you can confirm it
> fixes the issue for you.
>   

It seems to; I can't make the problem happen any more. I am slightly 
concerned -- but I don't know libsvn well enough to say for sure -- that 
this doesn't actually *eliminate* the problem, but rather tightens the 
window of opportunity down to some very small amount of time. Which is 
certainly an improvement, of course!

Maybe only Eric can answer this, but from a cursory inspection, it 
doesn't look like it actually locks the modified files before generating 
the patch to apply. Is there still a possibility of losing a change that 
hits the svn repository in the middle of git-svn dcommit running? Or 
does locking happen implicitly somewhere I'm not seeing? (Again, I 
haven't combed the code deeply, so it's entirely possible I've missed 
something.)

-Steve