Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] Making "git commit" to mean "git commit -a".

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 10:31:16 +0100

Andreas Ericsson escreveu:
> Carl Worth wrote:
>>
>> See? Git _is_ harder to learn, and a user really cannot learn it
>> without being careful about the index right from the very beginning.
>>
> 
> I'm not so sure about that. I came from CVS / SVN, although I've fiddled
> quite a bit with other scm's as well. The two-step commit process of git
> didn't terrify me at all, and I had used git at least a month before I
> joined the mailing-list and found out that there's this thing called an

I still don't know exactly how to operate adds and commits from the
command line. I regularly get bitten by not supplying the -a and -i
options.

I'm coming from darcs, where you can select which each diff hunk
to put in a commit separately.

However, I almost never do that. I operate git like darcs, from the
emacs support mode.  I almost never do -a commits anyway, because with
emacs (M-x git-status) it's more natural to make functionally distinct
commits, at the risk of introducing non-tested tree states in the
repository.

--