Subject: Re: [PATCH] cvs-migration document: make the need for "push" more obvious

From: Graham Percival <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:02:58 -0800

J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> We should start out with the assumption that a shared repo is already
> set up and make it:
> 
> 	committing to a shared repository
> 	creating a shared repository
> 	importing a cvs archive
> 
> which puts it in stuff-most-people-need-to-know to
> stuff-less-people-need-to-know order.  Maybe the current introduction
> should even be postponed to later.

Yes, definitely!

I'm not complaining about changing to git, but Dscho's comment really 
rings true:

 > A developer, especially those whom Git is forced upon, have an
 > attention span shorter than their pub1c hair.

I'm in the middle of exam period, I have a term papers to write, and I 
have two weeks of lilypond bug reports and doc typos to process.  I 
don't care if git can do branches really nicely or walk my dog or cure 
cancer.  I can look at that stuff later -- right now I just want to fix 
things and upload them.

Cheers,